NRC-RIM partnered with the International Organization for Migration (IOM) to create a booklet highlighting the most important information about COVID-19 information for new arrivals to the United States. It covers a number of topics, including:
- The importance of staying up-to-date on vaccines
- Other mitigation measures like masking, social distancing, and air circulation
- Options for COVID-19 testing
- What to do if you get sick
- Staying safe while traveling
- Accessing healthcare in the United States
To accommodate readers who rely on a more oral tradition and readers of all literacy levels, each page of the booklet includes a QR code that directs to an audio recording of the content on that page.
Translations are on the way in the following languages: Amharic, Karen, and Rohingya.