This webinar explored how higher education partners can extend their services to Afghan evacuees and refugees more broadly and support their successful transition into our country and respective communities; how institutions and systems are rising to the occasion and providing an array of supports and opportunities to Afghan evacuees, such as school supplies for children, housing, workforce development, translation services, etc.; and how education system can support them in pursuing new skills and credentials.
- Diya Abdo, Every Campus A Refuge and Guilford College
- Shelly Calabrese and Ali Schaeffing, Russell Sage College
- Jennifer Fish, Old Dominion University
- Patty Perillo, University of Maryland
- Anthony Ruiz, Nevada State College
- Nancy Zimpher, National Association of System Heads