Hosted on October 25, 2022, the training was delivered by Farid Saydee, PhD, Adjunct Professor at the School of Curriculum and Teaching at Kean University; Madina Masumi, MEd, Switchboard Training Officer with a focus on cultural awareness; Maliha Mirza, MSW, Switchboard Training Officer with a focus on case management; and, Rosalind Ghafar Rogers, PhD, International Psychologist, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Subject Matter Expert, and Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Consultant.
You have questions, and we have answers! Switchboard recently concluded a webinar series on Cultural and Practical Considerations for Working with Afghan Clients, during which participants asked many thoughtful questions. To further extend the conversation, Switchboard is offering an upcoming panel discussion open to all refugee service providers, including those who work at state agencies, resettlement agencies and affiliates, or other organizations. Please circulate this announcement widely to your colleagues and networks!
By the end of this webinar, you will better understand:
• Trauma-informed approaches to foster greater trust with clients
• Factors that impact effective communication
• Working successfully with Dari and Pashto interpreters
• Mitigating inter-ethnic tensions • Cultural and religious considerations
• Gender-sensitive considerations