Protecting Immigrant Communities from Scams: How to Spot Avoid, and Report Fraud
We all know too well that there are many scammers out there, but what you may not be aware of are the scammers who specifically target immigrant communities.
Join us to hear from representatives of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the nation’s consumer protection agency, who will discuss scams against immigrants and provide you with information and resources to fight scams and protect people’s money and personal information.
Some key topics to be discussed include:
* Free FTC tools and resources available in plain language, many in multiple languages
* How to spot scammers’ tactics in notarios scams, fake immigration websites, job scams, government impersonator scams, and others
* How to avoid scams, and what can be done if fraud occurs
* Scam information that is available and can be shared with older adults
*Financial education resources on how to tackle common money issues head on
* How to stay up to date on the latest scams and how communities and organizations can collaborate with the FTC